How to succeed in Christmas marketing on multiple devicesBy Georgia Chisem | Friday 6th December 2013
Devices at Christmas
Google statistics show that 90% of users move between devices to accomplish an online goal, and since tablet and mobile have rocketed in popularity over the past two years, marketing around these devices is vital.
OFCOM’s July2013 report (Market Communications Report July 2013) shows that 50% of adults and 29% of 5 to 15-year-olds own a smartphone, while nearly 24% of households own a tablet computer.
It’s now clear that, faced with these statistics, retailers have no choice but to turn on to these new channels and start providing consumers with tailored shopping experiences.
Summit’s Retail Buzz Peak Season Device Advice
Georgia Chisem, Summit’s PPC Training Manager, sets out three tips, each with detailed actions, that retailers should explore to meet this new multi-screen challenge.
- Make your website adaptable to all device
- Align marketing strategy and customer behaviour
- Incentivise shoppers to login to your site to track and help optimise by device
Watch our other Peak Season Videos
- Top 4 tips for retailers preparing for January sales
- Advice for retailers facing Christmas product returns
- How retailers can benefit from conversion lag at Christmas
- Essential retargeting techniques for peak season retailers
- Retailers plan for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- When does Christmas peak begin in 2013?