Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website, summit.co.uk (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- How we may use your personal information.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Who we are and how to contact us
Summit.co.uk is a site operated by Summit Media 2.0 LTD (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13704370 and have our registered office at Windsor House, Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3AT. Our VAT number is GB 395 9866 12.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone our IT service line on +44 (0)1482 876876.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 31 July 2020.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our customers’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under this policy.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected].
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for business use by business users. You, as a consumer, agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. By taking part in this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over excluding employees and their immediate families of Summit (the “Promoter”), any company affiliated with the organisation, their agents or any other persons professionally connected with the draw.
3. To enter ‘Like and comment on the LinkedIn post on the Summit Media LinkedIn timeline, comment to be what you would love to see happen in the digital marketing industry in 2021. Entries or claims not received, incomplete, Illegible, or delayed will not be accepted.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. The opening date and time for receipt of entries is midnight on the 11th of February 2021 and the closing date and time for receipt of entries is 23:59 on the 21st of March 2021.
6. Maximum one entry per person per prize draw. Anyone trying to circumvent this condition by using alternative details will be disqualified. No bulk, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted.
7. Prize: One 6 Nations rugby shirt, without personalisation or printing, from a 6 Nations official online store, subject to availability and not greater than £70 in retail value.
8. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The decisions of the Promoter are final in relation to the promotion.
9. The winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing date under independent supervision on the 22nd of March 2021. The winners will be notified by LinkedIn message no later than 26th March 2021. Prize must be claimed within 7 days of the initial notification. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners; however, if the prizes are not claimed within 7 days a redraw will take place.
10. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to replace entire prizes or prize components with prizes of equal or greater value.
11. The prize winner may be required to participate in and give their consent to related publicity including their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes and/or reasonable requests to take part in the Promoters’ publicity.
12. Proof of sending an entry shall not constitute proof of receipt. No responsibility is accepted for entries that are lost, misdirected, late, damaged or illegible, nor for any associated costs.
13. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, except for death or personal injury, arising out of the administration of prize draws, or out of the winner’s or any third parties enjoyment of the prizes.
14. Prizes are awarded at the promoter’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
15. The Promoter may be required to provide evidence that a valid prize award has taken place. As a result, it may provide a winner’s name and the county in which they live in response to a request from a third party. If you do not wish for your data to be made public for this purpose should you win a prize please inform us by email to [email protected]
17. Promoter: Summit Media 2.0 LTD, Windsor House, Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3AT.
18. Data Controller: Summit Media 2.0 LTD, Windsor House, Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3AT.