Accessible online services
Summit is committed to ensuring that our website is as accessible as possible. To make our website easy to view, we’ve designed it where possible in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) (https://www.w3.org/WAI/).
Taking time over design
We are always looking for ways to improve our website and make it easier to use. Our website guidelines include:
- Ensure all image content has text description
- Ensure site can be navigated by keyboard
- Ensure forms are marked up correctly
- Considered proper colour contrast and visibility
- Ensure there are alternatives to media content
We are also working hard to make sure our site has useful content that is laid out in an easy-to-navigate way, taking into consideration people with speech readers
The Summit website is designed to ensure a consistent appearance across all modern, standards-compliant, web-browsing software. We recommend that you use the most up-to-date web browsing software when accessing the Summit website to ensure you can view the site as it was intended.
The Summit website has a sitemap which allows you to quickly find the page you want and navigate around the site. You can quickly access this page by clicking the link at the bottom right of the page.
Making your text bigger
The majority of the text on the Summit site can be increased or decreased to suit your needs. You can make your text bigger in your web browsing software.
- Internet Explorer: Under the View menu there is the option Text sizes. Change the size as desired.
- Mozilla Firefox: You can hold down the ‘CTRL’ key on your keyboard and press the plus (+) or minus (-) sign to increase or decrease the text size. Check your web browsing software documentation for more information.
- Google Chrome: Go to settings at the top right-hand side, click appearance and then font size and change as desired
- Apple Safari: To increase the font size, press Option-Command-Plus sign (+) or to decrease the font size, press Option-Command-Minus sign (-). Or you can go to the View menu and hold down the Option key while you select Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller.
We are aware that not all images on our site have text-based alternatives. We are examining this issue and seeking to address it as soon as possible such that all images on our site have text alternatives.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: +44 (0)1482 876876
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions:
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21 January 2021.