Predictions for Shopping Comparison in 2014By Daniel Upson | Monday 20th January 2014
Online shopping had a busy year in 2013: Google’s Product Listing Ads arrived in the UK forcing retailers to finally give their product feeds the attention they deserved.
It’s all about the product feed, actually. Get this right and retailers make it easier to participate with new shopping platforms when they arrive. And they will arrive. Amazon Product Ads arrived last year, too.
And Bing announced its intention to get a piece of the shopping action by launching its own beta in the US – though who knows when that will arrive.
So what’s in store in shopping comparison in the year ahead?
Predictions in Shopping Comparison for 2014
Here are Dan’s shopping comparison predictions for 2014, and he counts them in in reverse order:
- Prediction 3: Bing Product Ads will launch to rival Google Product Listing Ads in the UK
- Prediction 2: A new marketplace will be launched by an existing e-tailer to compete against Amazon & eBay
- Prediction 1: UK Google Shopping will continue to evolve into a retail hub for product search
Get all the detail and Dan’s advice to retailers by watching the video, above.
You can see all Summit’s prediction videos for 2014 below:
- 2014 Predictions in SEO
- 2014 Predictions in PPC
- 2014 Predictions in Shopping Comparison
- 2014 Predictions in Performance Display
And you can see all Summit’s prediction videos for 2013, below: