Predictions for Pay Per Click in 2014By Katie Masterman | Monday 20th January 2014
Pay Per Click
Much discussion in PPC during 2013 was about Google’s new Product Listing Ads: how marketing budgets would respond, would the new PLAs dominate PPC and so on.
The conversation is still rolling along, and marketers and retailers have settle into a ‘Let’s wait and see’ attitude regarding the fallout of shopping’s new structure.
But Pay Per Click still plays an important role in paid search strategy and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
But what’s on the horizon? Summit’s PPC Best Practice Manager, Katie Masterman, makes her predictions in PPC for 2014, in the video above.
Predictions in Pay Per Click for 2014
Here are Katie’s pay per click predictions for 2014. They’re in reverse order. (What do you expect – It’s a Top 3 list!)
- Prediction 3: Adoption of Google’s Ad Extensions will really take off after an initial slow reception by businesses
- Prediction 2: Geo-targeting and mobile optimization will really come into their own
- Prediction 1: Businesses that get into Google’s remarketing list for search ads and demographic bidding will win
Get all the detail and Katie’s advice to retailers by watching the video, above.
You can see all Summit’s prediction videos for 2014 below:
- 2014 Predictions in SEO
- 2014 Predictions in PPC
- 2014 Predictions in Shopping Comparison
- 2014 Predictions in Performance Display
And you can see all Summit’s prediction videos for 2013, below: