and employment package
We spend so much of our lives at work and we all want to feel rewarded by our employer.
At Summit, we want to be the best employer in the region. We’re dedicated to rewarding our talented people and helping them to grow their careers in this fantastic industry, and make sure they feel the benefits of working with us.
We’ve outlined our headline benefits in full for you below!
- When Summit do well, we want our teams to reap the rewards, so you are eligible to receive an annual bonus, calculated as a percentage of your gross annual salary excluding any allowances, dependent on level of Company profit (EBITDA).
- Our pension provider is Royal London. You will be automatically enrolled after 3 months’ service (if you are over the age of 22).
- Our Summit rewards platform gives you access to discounts and offers on over 1000 different retailers. From your weekly shop to a one-in-a-lifetime holiday, there will be a discount to suit your needs.
- We understand that everyday healthcare costs can quickly add up. We offer a cash plan through Bupa to claim back those costs such as a prescription or trip to the dentist. All employees are automatically enrolled on to the Bupa Health Cash Plan, this provides a cash benefit for Dental, Optical and Specialist Consultations, Physiotherapy and more including prescription costs and access to an Employee Assistance Helpline.
- We have access to a car pack located just a 3-minute walk from the office. You will receive a pass to put in your windscreen. This permit is applicable for all weekdays, so you can even park in the city centre for free on your compressed day should you choose to do so!
- We are always looking for talented individuals to join our Summit workforce. If you introduce someone to Summit and they are later employed by us, you will be rewarded with a bonus as below.
- £500 for exec level or equivalent
- £1,250 for manager level or above
- You can choose to compress your working week into fewer days, in exchange for a regular day off. For those working full-time hours, you can compress 10 working days into 9, and receive a day off every other Friday!
- We operate core hours of 10am – 3pm, we encourage you to work with your team to plan your week flexibly around these hours so you can make the school pick up or gym class you need to get to.
- Our teams work 40% their time in the office, and 60% their time at home.
- Our holiday year runs from 1 August to 31 July and your holiday entitlement will increase the longer you stay with us.
- 25 days + birthday
- 27 days + birthday at 2 years’ service
- 28 days + birthday at 5 years’ service
- 29 days + birthday at 10 years’ service
- Take a day off for life’s big moments on us. This includes your wedding day, house-move day, graduation, and your child’s first day of school.
- As some of our UK bank holidays are traditionally based around Christian events, we want to ensure we’re being inclusive and letting people celebrate religious holidays that matter to them. You can swap bank holidays at Christmas and Easter for alternative holidays in the year such as Ramadan, Eid, Diwali, Pesach and more.
- After 2 years’ service, Summiteers can apply for extended unpaid leave for up to 6 months. In the past, Summiteers have used this to go travelling or carry out volunteer work, furthering themselves and their personal development.
Learning and Development
- Eligible employees will receive 1 Study Day every 3 months. This is time away from your day-to-day role to focus on areas you want to develop from your PDP.
- We want to support your growth and encourage you to invest in your own learning and development. All Summiteers have a personal development plan (PDP) to establish their goals and recognise their strengths and areas of improvement.
- We’ll top up maternity leave payments for our staff to 100% of their pay for the first 12 weeks, and 50% of pay for the next 12 weeks. That’s a whole six months of time off topped up by us.
- We also offer 100% of wage for a whole month for those taking paternity leave.
- Life assurance is a benefit which means a tax-free lump sum payment would be provided to your family and dependents if you pass away in service. And whilst it’s not something you necessarily want to think about, that could make a big difference to your family’s lives.
- Up to £250 a year to spend on pursuing a dream or to take part in an activity that leads to greater personal development. Summiteers have learned to speak another language, been skydiving and even been a zookeeper for the day!
- Big annual events like our Christmas Party and Annual Awards Evening, plus smaller events through the year.
If you like the sound of our employment package and you’re interested in a new opportunity, check out our jobs page and apply to an individual role or our talent pool. We can’t wait to hear from you.
If you’d like to speak to us about our opportunities, please email [email protected] and the team can help find the right role for you.