As Senior Paid Media Strategist your responsibilities will stretch across Summit’s paid search, paid social, display and programmatic proposition. Reporting into the Head of Commerce Strategy, you will be working alongside a team of specialists in their fields. Your knowledge of the retail and paid landscape will be used to support delivery teams, evolve a market competitive proposition, and define how our paid teams work with other channels.
This role requires a proactive, driven and strategic approach to deliver – and as such you will need to challenge appropriately and think differently. Operating at a senior level you will be an escalation point for internal or client queries, as well as supporting with client strategies – focussed on implementing practical and timely solutions. You will also support business objectives for growth with both new and existing clients, finding opportunities within our current strategies, building proposals, forecasting and supporting on pitches when required.
- Product development – continuously growing the paid search, display, paid social and programmatic proposition, to ensure Summit Commerce is a leader in the market
- Staying at the forefront of the industry, sharing insights with the business on emerging trends through self-learning, attending events and / or networking.
- Building strong relationships with key partners and relevant platforms
- Working closely with the client teams to develop appropriate strategies and investigate performance challenges
- Upskilling client/delivery teams across the business, in group training sessions or through 1:1 mentoring
- Developing new proposals for existing and new clients, to support the client’s objectives and with clear measurements of success
- Stay up to date with Summit’s business proposition and technology, to support Commerce
- Provide thought leadership to the teams and clients, related to new products and industry challenges
- Working closely with other strategists to develop cross-channel synergy
For 18 years Summit have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online. Our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.
Our unique online retail ‘value chain’ provides our clients with deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: Strategy, ecommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics. With 150 staff working across the UK and Europe, we are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by thinking and acting differently.
Why you would want to work for us
- You want to be part of a growing company where you can make your mark: you will have opportunity to significantly contribute to an exceptional business and help shape its future.
- You want to make it happen: while we’re all generally up for a good time, we work hard towards producing tangible results that contribute to the company’s success.
- You appreciate and thrive in a relaxed environment: our office is friendly, with events to suit everyone and encouraging a sense of fun. We appreciate that everyone is different, and everyone has something unique to add to the team.
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, looking at new and integrated approaches and are keen to learn and grow.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ experience within a paid media role, with a proven history of client delivery and development.
- Experience of both awareness and direct response campaigns
- Familiarity with delivering across a range of PPC, programmatic display and paid social platforms including Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of analytics packages such as GA, Coremetrics & Adobe
- Proficiency in supporting others with performance challenges, driving insights and developing appropriate strategies
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills will be required, and an analytical, detail orientated approach is necessary
- A team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as collaborate with others.
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK. No agency CV’s accepted.
Back to Careers