We are deeply involved in the transformation that eCommerce is having in automotive, bringing our 17 years of expertise in retail. We don’t behave like system integrators or consultancies, we are practitioners. OEMs and Dealers trust us to help them on their automotive journey. We empower our clients to use eCommerce and digital, making it more likely that people will buy from them, than anyone else.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our innovative team. Based in London or Warwick, the DevOps engineer will be responsible for implementation of CI & CD process and build of client environments in Microsoft Azure or other public cloud providers like Google or AWS.
- Set up GitHub source code repositories for automotive platform development and client implementations
- Implement centralised log management
- Build continuous integration process using Composer, Kubernetes and Visual Studio Team Services
- Build continuous deployment process into MS Azure using Visual Studio Team Services
- Establish configuration management framework to set up Docker images accordingly to requirements of given environments
- Set up performance and health check monitoring tools for various environments
- Lead DevOps engineer reporting to the CTO with responsibility for the Summit platform delivery.
- This will include designing and delivering processes to automate and streamline all aspects of the DevOps function at Summit Media. The role will also include support for the platform, including out of hours, to troubleshoot and resolve issues in all of our deployments at second level support
- This role will work collaboratively with the software engineering and QA teams to prepare releases, and then deploy, deliver, monitor and maintain the development, and production software and environments.
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience as a DevOps engineer for PHP applications
- PHP Symfony
- Visual Studio Team Services
- MS Azure (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with third party and offshore teams.
- Familiar with software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous deployment
Required technology stack:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and bring a high level of strategy and governance into a start-up environment supporting company mission / team development.
- Analytical, logical and lateral thinking professional.
- Exceptional delivery skills.
- Experienced internal and external facing communication skills.
For 18 years Summit have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online. Our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.
Our unique online retail ‘value chain’ provides our clients with deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: Strategy, ecommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics. With 150 staff working across the UK and Europe, we are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by thinking and acting differently.
Why you would want to work for us
- You want to be part of a growing company where you can make your mark: you will have opportunity to significantly contribute to an exceptional business and help shape its future.
- You want to make it happen: while we’re all generally up for a good time, we work hard towards producing tangible results that contribute to the company’s success.
- You appreciate and thrive in a relaxed environment: our office is friendly, with events to suit everyone and encouraging a sense of fun. We appreciate that everyone is different, and everyone has something unique to add to the team.
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Back to Careers