As the UK’s only retail-focused digital marketing and eCommerce specialists, we can support the many technology platforms and development languages that you need to run your online business.
Summit will combine marketing analysis, insight and technical know-how when developing your website and other digital properties. These skills underpin every stage of the development process, from our initial business analysis and design through to deployment, training and user acceptance testing (UAT). This ensures that you receive a highly functional website or other online property that fully addresses your commercial needs.
We are a Magento Solution Partner and experts in other open source platforms, including Drupal.
Web development for retail – Summit expertise
Our technology team comprises 30 online retail experts with thousands of man-hours’ experience between them. We use our technical skills and knowledge of the sector to ensure that we provide:
- Versatile digital development – We can develop social tools on Facebook using our PHP skills, integrate whatever we produce into your legacy systems with our C++ and database skills, and use the most appropriate development methodology (be it agile or waterfall) to deliver the solution you require
- Cost-effective development – If certain technical skills are not available in-house, we use our partnerships with high quality, experienced global partners to bridge the gap – passing on the cost savings that we can achieve by outsourcing around the world
- Marketing led development – We always adopt a commercial approach and consider factors such as usability, accessibility and SEO to be the prerequisites of a successful development project
- Enterprise-scale development – Today’s multi-channel, multi-product world demands enterprise-scale digital developments, which we can either project-lead or offer you support for in particular areas (e.g. business analysis, design, database development, systems integration, test management)
- Quality control – We also have fully qualified QA teams available to ensure that our work for you meets the relevant industry standards and legal requirements, and that we deliver your project on time
Web development in practice – The Great Exhibition
The Great Exhibition Company was looking for a way to promote its two week event showcasing the best of British and engage with both home-grown visitors and Olympic tourists.
A bespoke social hub was developed; allowing users to nominate British greats, vote on others’ suggestions and share their selections through Facebook.
A content-rich web site, with a highly-engaged user based, generating interest and awareness of next year’s event. We are currently focused on the next phase of the project.